Color choice?

-

Cuda kid

Reaction score
We are getting close to paint on my 69 cuda original color was sunfire yellow, my son doesnt like the color wants to pick another 69 color. What is eveyones opinion would you stay to the original color or would you let him pick another color. It is a pretty original car with #s mathing drivetrain. It also had a vinyl top
would you put the top back on? Thanks

Paint it whatever color floats your boat, I wouldn't even limit my self to a 69 color or even a mopar color. Same for the top, if you like the look put it on, if you don't don't.

A 69 Barracuda numbers matching or not is not a big buck car that you have to consider whether you are going to impact it's value by 10's of thousands of dollars by changing the color.

Personally I like Sub-Lime! :)

Yeah just paint it whatever color you want. I'm painting my '69 Fastback B5, but it was originally Ivy Green Metallic. Barf.

i still like sunfire yellow! i have a friend that has a 69 satellite that is sunfire yellow and it looks great!

Let him change the coor if he wants. Its his car. Mine was also sunfire yellow origanally., it was red when I bought it. Have no idea what color Im going to repaint it this time.

yeah i also had that puke green metallic crap when i bought mine and i am slowly in the process of changing it to B5

Yeah if your gonna take the time to paint it, Might as well make it a color that pleases you/son even if it's not an original color. Make it stand out from the crowd. Here my eventual outside color...

Dsc00007.jpg

Cuda kid said:
We are getting close to paint on my 69 cuda original color was sunfire yellow, my son doesnt like the color wants to pick another 69 color. What is eveyones opinion would you stay to the original color or would you let him pick another color. It is a pretty original car with #s mathing drivetrain. It also had a vinyl top
would you put the top back on? Thanks

I say whoever pays for the paint job should get to choose. Go with the Sunfire Yellow if you like. Is the car eventually going to your son? Personally, I like the Ivy Green Metallic.

Like everyone has said, put the color on that your son likes. I personally like Plum Crazy, It goes well with white vinyl tops or white convertable tops too.

It's really a personal choise isn't it? You always pay extra to paint the door jams, all around the trunc and the engine bay. Additionally, I don't know when Chrysler started to do this, but on my '72, when I took off the vinyl top, I found that, while on the non-v-top vehicles the front and rear roof seams were leaded, on my vintage, under the vinyl the joints were bondo, not leaded. This meant either a thourough cleaning and finding a leader - have fun doing that these days - or welding the joint. In the later case the front and rear glass had to come out. This in turn required hunting down a good used rear window molding, which at that time, 1992 - don't know about now - was not available new for the Duster (this may not be a problem for a 1969 Barracuda, don't know).

In my case, I really wanted the color changed and I wanted the roof off, so I paid the extra $$$. But consider this first.

IMHO, the '67 -> '69 Barracuda looks best in black, B5 blue, candy-apple red or silver. Not bad in metalic medium green either. But that's just me.

PS: Big issue too - don't forget to match a color to the interior - even the engine color as well. What color is your interior? Engine Plymouth blue, Chrysler light blue, aftermarket black , Dodge/crate motor red or what?

-
Back