Color codes

-

Chrippa

Reaction score
Im going to lift my engine out during the winter holiday to fix it up with a new fresch paint. At the same time im gonna beadblast the k-frame to make it look nice and clean up the nest of wiring!

The problem is i dont know how color codes work, ive got a color code , i think , its PPG paintnumber: SKO 7850 . Is it just to tell the guy that mixes that code and he will understand what im talking about or do i need anything more ?

Whats recomended, to base coat the engine before puting on the orange or just spray over the old layer of paint ?
Im also gonna paint my alu heads and intake which dont have any paint on them.

Thx all!

Heres a pic of the result of the code above:

bild3.jpg

The problem is i dont know how color codes work, ive got a color code , i think , its PPG paintnumber: SKO 7850 . Is it just to tell the guy that mixes that code and he will understand what im talking about or do i need anything more ?

Where did you get the paint code from. I am new to mopars but when purchasing paint for my GM cars i just tell the paint guy the year of the car and the color code of the paint off of the cars data plate. with a mopar it would be your fender tagtrim tag

Whats recomended, to base coat the engine before puting on the orange or just spray over the old layer of paint ?
Im also gonna paint my alu heads and intake which dont have any paint on them.

Thx all!

As for painting the motor You have to use a heat paint, and you have to degrease it well. Eastwoods has a nice brush on paint that when its used properly its there forever and always has a nice sheen to it and clean ups well. as for painting the aluminum parts i think they look better just as they are instead of painting them

As far as I know from my X-brother-in-law all the factory used was enamel paint not high temp stuff.

And when I paint my engines all I do is clean them up verygood and shoot reguar Dupont Acrlic Enamel in tagerine orange on them and never had any peeling yet.

just my .02

-
Back