Color Match

-

240 gordy

Reaction score
Have a Dart with red paint. I believe it is called R4. Does anyone know if spray cans are available as I just want to blend in some weathered spots inside the wheel wells. Any help is appreciated.

I had a 2005 Dodge Neon that had PR4 red paint from the factory. I found touch up spray cans at my local Auto Zone. I'm sure a Dodge dealer would have it as well.

or go to your local body supply store and have them put the laser on your car and mix enough to load in a spray bomb ! Mine charges about 35 bucks Cdn for custom mixed rattle cans which is about 22-25 bucks US .

I just got one from a online store called 66 auto color. You have to give them the color code, year, and make

My local NAPA store matched my pant and put it in a rattle can for me. It matched my origional paint perfectly.
Yote

All I had was the factory name for the paint on my '72 Demon. They were able to find it and mix. If I remember correctly it was $18-$24 per rattle can.
Yote

You can find PR4 red over the counter in spray can & touch up at your local NAPA. If you want a perfect match they will mix it & put it in a spray can.

IMHO, the link below can provide the best match you can get. I admit I have only used them once, but the paint was a PERFECT match. Last summer I did some rust repair on a 2005 Mazda 3 with bright blue metallic paint. I replaced both rear wheel arches, the lower quarter panel on both sides, and both rockers. My plan was to only paint up to a body line where there was a pin stripe, re-apply the pin stripe and hope that the stripe would mask any differences in the paint. So I masked along the body line on both quarter panels using the back taping technique to avoid the sharp edge and applied the paint. I bought a ready to spray quart and clear coated with some clear left over from painting the Barracuda a year before (using a spray gun). The paint was such a perfect match, I might have gotten away without the stripe, but I put on a cool two color stripe anyway. I have used the spray bombs mixed up at local places many times and never had any luck. And before anyone wants to argue that, I am certainly not saying there aren't some good ones, but I have never had any luck. Also, the pre-mixed spray cans at auto parts box stores may not have a great match either. Just my opinion, but I have had SUPERB luck with these people. I will guarantee that anyone who uses them once will use them again.
Touch Up Paint and accessories | AutomotiveTouchup
I almost forgot, their website has a bunch of good information and some really good instructional videos.

-
Back