Color selection for console

-

rod7515

Reaction score
I need some help with deciding what color to paint the console for my 66 Dart. The exterior will be mostly white. There will be a black and red, wide stripe coming from the very back just below the trunk on the sides to the lower rear of the front fender. Kinda hard to explain! The interior will be the factory red on all doors and dash, headliner is red, carpet will be the factory red and seats are an àtermarket red/black. The carpet that is glued on the bottom of the console is red also. Was wondering should the console stay black or do I need to pàint/dye it to the red that matches the dash pàd? Does ànyone have any pictures of of an early A with a red console. My car did not orginàlly have a console so I am adding one. It's an àutomatic if that makes a difference to ànyone.
Thanks
Rod

Bigdummy, thanks for the reply. Once this fathers day is done I'm hoping for a few more pics of other cars às well. I'm still not sure witch way to go.
Rod

No console, but all red.....

Attachments

• Early A Red.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 132
Rod, Here's a few more members interiors in various shades of red.....I like 'em all :thumbup:

Attachments

• Duster Red Interior.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Cuda Red.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Cuda Red 002.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Cuda Red 003.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 87
The console from bigdummy (and I feel bad using that name!) is super nice. Fits that car very well. Its a little toned down red compared to the 66 dart red as that one is more like the ones 6pk2goDemon posted. The black console has the black carpet to blend into. As I said earlier my carpet is already the factory red and so is the carpet that gets glued to the bottom of the console. I think after looking at the pics I am going to need to have it all red. I guess once its in if I dont like it I can pull it back out and change to black. Im just worried there will be to much red. Thanks for the pics. Ive been looking at pics on the forum but havent run across the console interior pics!
Thanks
Rod

I go by BIGDUMMY on the Cb.It don't bother be at all.Their door dealys are not on their cause of the roll bar

-
Back