Column shift/big block linkage question

-

69GT

Reaction score
I am going to be installing a 400/727 in my 69 Dart. The car had a 225/904 and was a console shift. I want to convert it to a column shift. I have a column shift column to use and also a column shift linkage set-up for an A-body 340/727. The engine will have TTI headers. Will the 340/727 linkage work as-is or will I have to modify it? I also have a 70 B-body column shift set-up I could scavenge parts from if need be.

on my b-body with column shift an headers I had to modifiy the cross shaft to raise it above the header , wasn't real hard, works great.

Well, which header are you planning to use? TTI lists no fewer than 5 different A body/B motor headers- shorties, full-length and step... each with their own fitment issues. Check the "product details" of your particular header on their website for basic fitment issues. Otherwise the header number is necessary for anybody's personal experience to be valid.

I'm not really asking about potential problems with the headers. I'm more interested in knowing whether or not there will be any problems with the 340/727 linkage connecting to the 400/727. I'll deal with any header mods if there are any when the time comes. The headers are the 1 3/4" full length though.

I am going to be installing a 400/727 in my 69 Dart. The car had a 225/904 and was a console shift. I want to convert it to a column shift. I have a column shift column to use and also a column shift linkage set-up for an A-body 340/727. The engine will have TTI headers. Will the 340/727 linkage work as-is or will I have to modify it? I also have a 70 B-body column shift set-up I could scavenge parts from if need be.
Your consol linkage will bolt right up. Why would u want to change to column shift. Thanks. Kim. Yes your 340/727 linkage will work great. Kim

Thanks for the reply Kim. I'm switching to column shift to recreate a car I once owned and because I like column shifted cars as I've had many. I'm also not to crazy about Mopar A and B-body consoles. I do like the E-body consoles though. Jim

-
Back