column shift lever

-

oregonhd

big daddy John
Reaction score
How do I get the shift lever off the column for my 72 dart now that I have replaced it with a floor shifter? is there a pin I knock out? or do I drill it out?

so nobody has any idea? how to remove the shifter lever from a column shifter, nobody has ever done that before? OK I can see I will have to figure it out for my self as for par with this web site.

Patients, There is a pin that you knock out and then the lever will pull straight out.

Please don’t chastise the board for not fulfilling one’s urgent technical request in less than 2.5 hours between 9 and 11:30 EDST when most are kicked back or in bed; patience Grasshopper.

This would be a good time to purchase a Factory Service Manual, it covers all these little odd-ball repairs as well as every other repair one is apt to perform, and has copious photos to aid explanation. This publication will be the most valuable tool in your tool box.

Cut the column off with a sawsall right where it comes out from under the dash, and that will solve all your problems.

This answer would be "par" per remarks like that.

You can buy on this site replacement collars so the column connector and PRND is no longer showing on the top of your steering wheel.

We are doing this conversion now.

Cheers
Grassy

-
Back