Column Shift Torque Control Bracket

-

73duster47

Reaction score
I'm working on a Slant 6/904 to 360/727 swap in my '73 Duster, and have all the appropriate linkages and brackets and such, save for one. I did not save the Torque Control Bracket from the 904 to use on the 727, however I do have one from a '70 challenger 727 that had column shift, that I think I can use. Looking at the bracket position in relation to where the swivel arm meets the frame if I turn the E-body bracket 90 degrees to the rear of the car from how it should be installed, things line up right. I didn't have time today to actually put it all together, but will on tuesday evening. Just looking for either some opinions/help or anyone that has an extra column shift bracket hanging around their shop/garage.

The bracket I'm looking for is denoted by the red arrows in the first picture, and the bracket I have off of the challenger is the second picture. Looking in the factory service manual it appears that there is a different bracket for A bodies than for all the other carlines...

Thanks!

0711102019.jpg

0711102108.jpg

I have all the bracketry for a 904 from my 72 duster.....if its something you need than let me know and maybe we can work a deal.

awesome, let me try with the bracket I've got and I'll let you know tomorow if I need anything.
thanks!

I had to make that bracket first time I did the swap ( back in the 80s ). Homemade didn't have the factory bushing though. I forced a piece of neoprene fule line onto the rod instead.

-
Back