Column shifter linkage...HELP : )

-

bassinmatt

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm going back to a column shifter after the previous owner put a floor shifter in. I just cant figure out what this part of the linkage in the picture attaches to. I put the linkage in correctly, but there is nothing on my car to attach this piece too, maybe i'm missing a piece? Can someone please help...I want to get my car running asap : (

(this is for a 71 Dart swinger)

Thanks,

Matt

linkage.JPG

The piece you have the circle around bolts to the frame just below the column. Although in the picture it's bottom side up, the bolt hole goes to the bottom and the bracket the shaft goes through goes to the top. it's held to the frame with one bolt the tab fits in a hole in the frame to hold its position.
Unless I was to remove the bolt on mine to check I'm not sure of the size but it appears to be 3/8-18.

GREAT thanks It just looked weird to me. But after you said that I figured it out. Thank you so much... Got my car up and ready. But with excitement and stupidity I jacked the car up a bolt came loose on a part shifted and the jack smashed my radiator. Anyone selling one for a dart 71 swinger : ).

-
Back