Coming together

-

Hallzy

Reaction score
Would love to see what everyone has got going on inside their cars let's see those interiors

IMAG3583.jpg

IMG_20170503_003918_816.jpg

Hi Hallzy,

Looking good, what year is yours? Mine is a '75. I just completed a total rewire project on mine this past winter. None of my old dash components worked, I went with an aftermarket dash panel and gauges. Removed my stock center console and went with a B&M shifter. Just finished putting it back together, have a little bit to go to fill the empty dash spaces for the radio and heat controls (all of the heat components we removed, it's a street / drag car now).

20170507_141920 (Large).jpg

Hi Hallzy,

Looking good, what year is yours? Mine is a '75. I just completed a total rewire project on mine this past winter. None of my old dash components worked, I went with an aftermarket dash panel and gauges. Removed my stock center console and went with a B&M shifter. Just finished putting it back together, have a little bit to go to fill the empty dash spaces for the radio and heat controls (all of the heat components we removed, it's a street / drag car now).

View attachment 1715045851
That is awesome those seats look great and I really like the cluster too.
Mine is a 74 it's been a low dollar restoration so far I'm trying to keep the cost down I limited myself to 1000Cdn for the interior.

That is awesome those seats look great and I really like the cluster too.
Mine is a 74 it's been a low dollar restoration so far I'm trying to keep the cost down I limited myself to 1000Cdn for the interior.

Low dollar, know the feeling. Mine was a can of worms (aren't most?). I first started just trying to tidy up the wiring that was hanging under the dash, the car ran fine but it was a fire hazard just waiting to happen. The ignition switch didn't work so the previous owner bypassed it and added a push button. Soon after investigating I just couldn't live with rats nest of wiring so tore it all out. One thing led to another, so decided to replace the console and the carpeting and the dash. I probably have about $2k into mine including the new wiring harness and components.

Here's the before and after...

20161230_173256 (Large).jpg

20170423_181741_001 (Large).jpg

20170423_181706 (Large).jpg

Low dollar, know the feeling. Mine was a can of worms (aren't most?). I first started just trying to tidy up the wiring that was hanging under the dash, the car ran fine but it was a fire hazard just waiting to happen. The ignition switch didn't work so the previous owner bypassed it and added a push button. Soon after investigating I just couldn't live with rats nest of wiring so tore it all out. One thing led to another, so decided to replace the console and the carpeting and the dash. I probably have about $2k into mine including the new wiring harness and components.

Here's the before and after...

View attachment 1715045855

View attachment 1715045858

View attachment 1715045859

Which brand harness did you go with and how do you feel about it?

I had it made off a picture of a peaks dash. They are here in cali but can make anyone one.

What did you have to retain from the old harness? Light sockets? switches? etc? Also did you add anything to the new harness? Relays, etc?

You would have to retain light sockets and switches. I bought new ones. Didn't need any relays (horn relay came with). I rebuilt my steering column so I replaced ignition switch and turn signal switch. This harness had much more than I needed. Wires were plenty long enough to reach front and back, and labeled very well all the way thru. Quality was great. After I went thru the harness I couldn't believe they made much $$ on it, $185 was very economical.

-
Back