Commentary on Mopar XHD springs.

-
Yes, but that link that I posted on the prior page - and any others I could find for what are being sold as XHD - define them as: "XHD Leaf Spring - Original Equipment
These extra heavy-duty springs are just like the bias design production springs that were stock items on 1968-72 A-body vehicles with 340 high performance engines ... ".

So ... dats da angle I wuz cum'n frum ;-)

I gotcha. I didn't see the link but it don't surprise me because many aftermarket parts suppliers are selling stuff called one thing and their not.

OK already, not trying to "gotcha" anybody, but in the interest of providing more accurate info than I had previously, I looked closely at the pictures I took of my extra heavy duty 340 replacement springs laying on the ground the day I brought them home from the DODGE dealer, with the Chrysler Corp ID labels still wrapped around the ends of the leaves.

Conclusion; the springs have five spring leaves with the smaller ones staggered in their length and placement (springs not symmetrical side to side). The static arch just laying on their sides on the ground, with the spring eyes touching, appear the same or similar.

On the car, loaded with the car's weight, it was a totally different matter, and as I stated before, required adjusting the torsion bars to achieve equal corner heights (it also required jacking the front inches higher because I had previously lowered the front end of the car to make it level with the saggy, baggy, 280,000 mile OEM, back bumper dragging on the ground with anything in the trunk, Feather Duster, ones).

The transformation of the car's handling with just this one change in conjunction with KYB rear shocks even before changing out the worn out front end was simply amazing.

-
Back