Comp Cam XE274H

-
Wow is this an old thread! lol...

I used stock rocker arms for a while but they didn't last with the higher spring pressure required with this cam. If I remember right they lasted about 8000 miles and were worn badly. I sold the engine and told the buyer he needed to buy some decent aftermarket arms

Wow is this an old thread! lol...

I used stock rocker arms for a while but they didn't last with the higher spring pressure required with this cam. If I remember right they lasted about 8000 miles and were worn badly. I sold the engine and told the buyer he needed to buy some decent aftermarket arms

Ok that’s what I thought thanks for the help

I am interested in hearing your results. Was thinking of that same combo for my build.
building a 340 bored .030 edlebrock aluminum heads, air gap manifold and comp cam 275 xtreme hi-lift cam .525 lift and edlebrock 650 carb Hope it does good. Hoping for choppy idle and lots of power

The XE-HL will out perform the old XE274
so will the Lunati Voodoo if the 274 is not the right (also check pricing) duration (rev range) for your use or compression (converter-gears etc)
stock rockers will work better with lash caps
use Magnum lifters and oil the pushrod ends with hollow pushrods-- do this with aftermarket rockers Iron OR roller
also do the rocker arm geometry drill as well as degreeing in the cam
the rockers could have failed if not installed (mid lift geometry)
roller rockers will require raising the shafts to be correct and stock rockers may also (but much less) with that valve lift
do the work- get the results
start a new thread on your build
did you say what heads you are using
The HL cam will utilize some porting or aftermarket head
the older lower lift cam did not need porting and with no porting did not need more lift

-
Back