Comp Cams Ultra Pro Magnum Rockers to replace PRW Rockers?

-

Reddartowner

UCF Alumni....Go Knights!
Reaction score
I have a question: who has experience with the Comp Cams Ultra Pro Magnum rockers arms and shafts (p/n 1621-16) in a big block (383 in my case). I just purchased a set of these to replace a set of PRW stainless roller tip rockers which have mostly used up their shaft bushings after only 12,000 miles. The engine has 40 psi oil pressure at idle so its not lack of oil. I suspect the bushings in the PRW's are a low-grade bronze and just don't have the hardness to last. My concern is whether or not the Comp Cams rockers (also bushed) will last any longer. I bought them because the vendor description (on Comp Cams website) is they have "sorted needle bearings" at the trunnion, which they clearly don't. Comp Cams tech line response was "Oops, guess we should get the description fixed.." Even Summit Racing's site described them as "full roller". I was planning to install a set of full roller rocker arms and forget about bushing wear issues. So like I said... does anyone have personal experience with these rockers and will they last, or will I be replacing them for worn bushings again in a year or two......

:banghead:

I've got about 10k on some 10 year old comp magnums on my SB they are not even bronze bushed! No problems whatsoever!!!

Thanks for the reply, but with only 10k on your rockers I wouldn't expect any problems either. My question is will they hold up well for say, 50K... or 75K...?

Well what spring psi will you have? Thay probably will last 50k with plenty of clean, cool, quality oil.

quality bronze bushings are better than needle bearings-remember the saturn 5 transporter wheel bearing giant waste of taxpayer money-I guess not. run the comp rockers

-
Back