comp cams

-

newby

Reaction score
Anyone try the shaft mount roller rocker setup comp cams has for the small block? Yeah or neah? Part # 1622-16

I say Yeah order them up. I have them on my 340.

FWIW I have the LA equivalent....

They lined up just fine although I had to use a lash cap to centre the roller on the valve tip.

- Had no issues with the adjusters or the retainer clearance. Still going fine after 3000 street miles and 20 runs.

FWIW I have the LA equivalent....

They lined up just fine although I had to use a lash cap to centre the roller on the valve tip.

- Had no issues with the adjusters or the retainer clearance. Still going fine after 3000 street miles and 20 runs.

These are for LA motors - 'Magnum' in this case is just Comp's name for their steel rockers.

I also have the standard Magnums and have had no complaints. I'm even re-using them in my rebuild (only block, intake manifold and rockers survive from the old motor).

Am I a doofus!!

I checked the P# on Summit and just looked at the pic they had there - they have the pivot rocker pictured so assumed it was for the magnum heads.....

So I can speak woth 1st hand experience...,the Comp Pro mags are terrific. LOL!

Am I a doofus!!

I checked the P# on Summit and just looked at the pic they had there - they have the pivot rocker pictured so assumed it was for the magnum heads.....

Yeah website threw me wrong picture posted for that part # Thanks.

Am I a doofus!!

Ya flamin' Galah!

What we need is a decent offset rocker for the W series head that will take over 600 pounds of open pressure that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Wish I could find that. The Jesel and the T&D stuff is just too expensive.

Thanks for all the input ended up going with PRW 1.5 set up. Nice looking piece we'll see how it works out. Just waiting on parts to come in so we can start machine work.

Say what?

from urban dictionary:

galah-
An "Old Australian" word; an derrogatory term that means a "loud-mouthed idiot." Named specifically for the galah, a native Australian bird that makes a distinctive (and quite funny-sounding) call.
"Oh, Scotty, ya bloody galah! What are you ON ABOUT?!"

from urban dictionary:

galah-
An "Old Australian" word; an derrogatory term that means a "loud-mouthed idiot." Named specifically for the galah, a native Australian bird that makes a distinctive (and quite funny-sounding) call.
"Oh, Scotty, ya bloody galah! What are you ON ABOUT?!"
Crystal clear now!:thumbup:

These?
416stroker2.jpg

Mine are the older Comp Cam set. Got a DEAL on them when I found them dusty on a shelf here in Chevy country. I guess someone must have ordered them and then didn't purchase them.... Anyways, I got them for less than $200. Had to use cupped pushrods (these didn't come with the cupped adjusters). I have had the engine dyno'ed with them and they seemed to hold up well. Haven't installed the engine, so I don't know long term...

Those PRW's look NICE!

I just bought another set of the aluminum one's for $129.

Im thinking I might just buy a set of those 1.6 prw stainless as well like you have there.

Those PRW's look NICE!

I just bought another set of the aluminum one's for $129.

Im thinking I might just buy a set of those 1.6 prw stainless as well like you have there.
Couldn't get the 1.6 no stock,could be awhile that's why we went with the 1.5's. If they perform half as good as they look we're laughing.:lol: Set up came with all the spacers and nice hold down hardware too. Was over $400.00 bones up here.

This is what the Comp steel magnum rockers look like IIRC, 1622-16. They don't have a good picture of the Mopar ones on thier website. The shafts are extra thick and study. No need for bananna groove shafts with the oiling cavity in these rockers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

What we need is a decent offset rocker for the W series head that will take over 600 pounds of open pressure that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Wish I could find that. The Jesel and the T&D stuff is just too expensive.
x2 and 1000. for harlans is rediculas pardon my spelling

Yep, been a bit of a drongo over that...........Still, I could have been a real pelican and argued the toss over it...............:razz:

You would have had Buckley's chance of winning that argument!:toothy6:

Here's mine:

Comprollers.jpg

Mmmm, 390...

-
Back