Comp Engineering Shocks question

-

moparduster

Reaction score
This might belong in the suspension category, but not sure being that its about racing shocks. I just bout a set of comp eng 3way shocks for the front of my duster because thats what was on it and have heard alot of good things about them. What are yall running on the rears with leaf springs? I heard that the rear comp shocks arnt that great but im not sure. Any suggestions?

I have competition engineering shocks on the front and rear of my Barracuda. I have the fronts set @ 90/10 and the rears 50/50...this, with a pinion snubber and VERY worn out leaf springs that are completely flat. For some reason this works (see sig for times), but I'm saving up for a complete Caltrac setup to get those 60' times in the mid 1.4's....or at least that's the plan.

when I ran S/S springs I ran 50/50 shock for a manual trans with my T-brake with a W5 small block.My best 60ft was 1.34 with a 9.77 @ 137mph.

If you are running tall front tires, check that the CE shocks are not bottomed when sitting at ride heigth. I have 28" front MT tires and with ride set where it was needed, the CE shocks were bottomed out. Switched to Calvert front shocks, the bodies are an inch shorter, the car's chassis reaction was much improved. I'm also running their rear adjustable shocks with their springs and traction links. I did not run the Cal fronts at first since the CEs were already on, until noticed the bottoming.

-
Back