compatibility question rear seat

-

demon34071

FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
compatibility --- will a 73 dart rear seat bolt into a 71 demon?? If not what will I have to do to get it to bolt in?? I'm Stumped..

looks like the bottom seat hooks are about 2-3" off left to right to hook the bottom seat. The rear seat looks good left to right and the top hangs nice on the hooks, but the 2 lower wire tabs are way off of the original bolt holes?? Anyone else run into this issue??

My Thoughts
-- rear seat back -- Just drill 2 new holes and bolt it in where it falls.
-- lower seat -- remove and relocate the hooks where they need to go on the new frame.

Seems like it will be cheaper and faster than trying to find a good rear seat for a 71 demon that now matches my high back bucket style bench front seat out of a 73 dart sport.

Any thoughts??
Derek

I know that you cannot interchange rear bottom seats from two door to four door Darts/Valiants. We tried and they don't fit due to the cutout for the rear wheel well is different.

If you stay with 2 door to 2 door or 4 door to 4 door, it may work. I don't know the difference between 71 and 73 interiors to tell you for sure.

looks like the bottom seat hooks are about 2-3" off left to right to hook the bottom seat.

My Thoughts...
-- lower seat -- remove and relocate the hooks where they need to go on the new frame.

I had the same issue with my rear seat (73 up in a 72 Demon). I drilled out welds holding on hooks for seat bottom and re-welded in new position to match 73 up seat bottom. Cheap and easy if you have a wire welder.

Krazy - it's def 2 door to 2 door. 73 dart 2 door into a 71 demon 2 door..

Demon -- sounds like the easiest fix is the same as what you did. Move the hooks for the bottom and drill new holes for the back.

Thanks guys.
Derek

Ok.... After reviewing this with Mopar Al who has my car this isn't going to work. Does anyone know what rear bench seats are compatible with a 71 demon

-
Back