Compatible body panels for my valiant?

-

MileHighMopar

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 1974 Plymouth Valiant 2dr is in the early stages of body restoration. While I'm disassembling trim and sanding the vehicle down I need to find some replacement body parts.

1) What other vehicles share body panels with this vehicle? Scamp (sub-model of the Valiant), Dart, Duster, etc???

2) Any particular recommendations for sheet metal companies to investigate or avoid?

3) Here's a list of panels I'll need: quarter panels, trunk floor, fender patch, and probably a few more surprises once I'm done sanding ;)

If I'm missing any important info let me know and I'll get it up right away. Thanks for your thoughts!

1. Scamp will share front sheetmetal with same year Duster and rear sheetmetal with same rear Dart Swinger. You can easily swap to earlier sheetmetal and trim if you prefer that look.

2. I'm not a body/paint guy but I know a few. What I'm told is there's two main suppliers for most of the good quality aftermarket muscle-era Mopar sheetmetal panels - AMD and Goodmark. Most of the others you'll see are either distributors for these two or some off-brand Chinesium design which you'll want to avoid. I know AMD and Goodmark have their parts stamped overseas, but the dies are designed and built here in the US so quality is pretty well controlled. I asked my bodyman friend which he prefers, he says Goodmark has better fit usually.

In my opinion, your best option for fit is oem panels cut from a rust free parts car. But since that is much more labor intensive and the supply is dwindling, it's probably better just to go with new panels.

3. All of those pieces are available new.

Hope that helps

-
Back