Compatible parts with 1970 dart

-

Josh89

Reaction score
hey I'm new to this site just signed up. Probably going to be pretty active since I don't know much about dodge. I picked up a 1970 Dodge Dart swinger that is missing quite a few parts. Was curious can anyone tell me what other years are compatible with 1970. For instance in trying to find a grill at the moment

70 71 grills are the same just painted different. 72 will fit but is a totally different look.

And welcome!! Good place for information.

I have a 70 also. When I bought it, it came with a 72 parts car. (mine was just a shell and missing parts also) After a little research and just comparing one to another, I discovered the 72 was very different. I was able to purchase a 71 and have found it very similar to the 70. The main difference is the rear bumper and tail lights. The 70 is a one year dodge bumper and lights, the same bumper was used a few years on Valiant. Hope this helps ya.

What about other parts like hoods? Tail lights? And other miscellaneous stuff?
Hoods are the same '70-'72, tail lights are unique to '70 unless you swap for a later bumper. Most misc stuff fits '69-'75 unless it's specific body/interior trim and then it depends on the parts. Most things interchange even if they aren't correct for that year.

It depends a lot on your goals for the car, year correct is harder to do than simply functional where you can adapt anything you like as long as it fits.

-
Back