Complete drivetrain upgrade -904 mated to an 8 3/4 rear end

-

1ToughDuster

Reaction score
Okay, I'm about to swap out my entire drivetrain to a more beefier drivetrain and wanted some advice from someone who has done this before.

I'm mating a built 904 trans to an 8 3/4 rear end. My question is, what do I need to connect the driveshaft to the 741 chunk? I know that there are different sized u-joints and yokes that I can use but has anyone done this before?

I have a manual on upgrading Mopars for performance and they have a section on connecting A-body driveshafts to 8 3/4 rearends but I wanted to see if anybody has actually done this type of swap? How hard is it and what should I look out for?

Thanks.

What was your previous drivetrain? Depending on the yoke size on the center section it could be as simple as just shortening your driveshaft. There are U joints that adapt small to large yoke also if needed. Most people just set it all up the same to use standard large or small U joints.

My current drive train is the standard 904 trans and 8 1/4 rear end. I think that a 7290 yoke will match everything up.

-
Back