Complete SBP K/H setup as bonus for car sale

-

Creedmoor

Recovering Fordaholic
Reaction score
As mentioned elsewhere, I have to sell my 68 fastback. Currently an all drum setup. I have the complete K/H setup off a 67 Formula S to add as a deal sweetener. Has all the little lines, hold downs, clips, special bolts etc. Brand new parts include: rotors, lower ball joints, master cylinder, bearings and seals. All new parts are made in USA. Only thing missing is new pads. What can I claim this adds in value to the car? I think I can attach a pic.
F7F25C13-1917-47AC-9D2A-9444732D2F57.jpeg

716C9440-0848-4E0D-95A2-4005D30CB75D.jpeg

Nice parts.
Something what you have shown, from my past experience, i would put my ,02cents, in the $700.00 - $900.00 range.
In the past i have sold complete, rebuilt, set up's at nine hundred, but the marked has slowed down a lot, since i last had something like yours for sale.
Good luck, whatever you do.

An old ad of mine, for you to get an idea where i'm coming from, in my reply.

[SOLD] - **REBUILT** Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes For The 65-72 A Body Line Of Cars.

Last edited:
Nice parts.
Something what you have shown, from my past experience, i would put my ,02cents, in the $700.00 - $900.00 range.
In the past i have sold complete, rebuilt, set up's at nine hundred, but the marked has slowed down a lot, since i last had something like yours for sale.
Good luck, whatever you do.

An old ad of mine, for you to get an idea where i'm coming from, in my reply.

[SOLD] - **REBUILT** Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes For The 65-72 A Body Line Of Cars.
Thanks. I was hoping you would chime in.

Just asking here, how do you know for sure everything's made in USA as you say?

Just asking here, how do you know for sure everything's made in USA as you say?

Because it’s cast into the rotors and printed on the boxes and other packaging. Parts also date from late 80’s and early 90’s when stuff was still made here. Good enough for ya?

Because it’s cast into the rotors and printed on the boxes and other packaging. Parts also date from late 80’s and early 90’s when stuff was still made here. Good enough for ya?
Can I get it in red white n blue? :poke:

If the car is as clean as those parts....I cant wait for pics!

Can I get it in red white n blue? :poke:

If the car is as clean as those parts....I cant wait for pics!
Had some pics (not great ones) in this earlier thread. I’ll try to put a link here.
Don’t want to, but have to sell. Help on price please.

Following is the text that will go with better pics when I force myself to post the car as actually for sale. Gonna suck.

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback

Motor is a 318 that runs strong and sounds great. Has an Edelbrock Performer cam and lifter kit, Performer manifold and Holley 4 barrel carb. Has dual exhaust with “H” pipe and Flowmaster clones. Three speed column shift 904 transmission which had a full rebuild and Transgo TF-2 shift kit installed (all receipts) 6,000 miles ago. Power steering car. BFG TA’s have lots of tread left. Has a full size spare and the original bumper jack . New front and rear shocks installed four years ago. Also had a headlight relay system installed which makes it easier on 53 year old wiring

Interior is very clean and matches the exterior paint nicely. Dash pad has a small area on far right with minor cracking. You actually have to look for it. There is one small sewn tear in the original headliner. Has a nice Sony stereo with CD player and audio in jack and remote, with excellent Infinity speakers in the rear and a pair in the front on a custom mount in the original factory location. Has the fold down rear seat with trunk panel access. You can actually fit 8’ lumber in this car. Gas gauge recently stopped working, should be an easy fix. All interior and exterior lights work properly, including trunk and glove box. Signals, horn, lighter and blower work as they should.

The current paint looks great. Previous owner said it was painted in the early 90’s. Body is in good shape with a few typical minor scratches and dings. Left front fender was repaired when the car was painted and they didn’t do a perfect job, but it’s decent. There are some very minor bubbles on the very bottom of the right rear fender back by the rear bumper. These haven’t grown or changed in the 11 years we’ve owned the car. It has always been garaged. All the trim and chrome is original so, not perfect, but very good for its age. Glass is in good shape as well.

I also have a somewhat rare, original 4-piston Kelsey Hayes disc brake set-up that came off a 1967 Formula S that I never installed. Everything is there, all the little clips, special bolts and crossover hoses. New parts include rotors, seals, bearings, lower ball joints and master cylinder. All new parts are made in USA. I’ll include this with the car. It would definitely bring the car to the next level. I just never had the time to install.

Odometer was 101,622 when we bought the car and it’s now 111,340 for a total of 9,718 miles we’ve put on it. We only averaged about a 1,000 miles a year. All in all, it’s a very straight, super clean car that runs and drives fantastic, makes great power and sounds to match. My wife and I have enjoyed this car for over 11 years and are the 4th owners. We’ve taken some great road trips in it all over Washington and Oregon and it’s been totally reliable and an absolute blast to drive. Only reason we’re looking to sell now is due to health reasons and a need to downsize. This is not a concourse show car by any means. It is a great, driver quality, classic, meant to be enjoyed.

Thats a great lookin car! I hope it goes to an appreciative owner that will care for it as well as you did.

Thanks. I was gonna ask where you got the rotors, but it wasn't necessarily where, but when.

-
Back