Compression Check low oil pressure Now What?

-
Thanks for all the comments….The results are in. Pulled the pan and the pump screen and pan bottom were full of sludge. I’m wondering if the prior owner of 15 years ever changed the oil. But anyway. I replaced the rear main seal while I was in there…It seems to have the original rope type. I changed the pump to a HV. The tech at Melling says the stock shaft is fine with a stock engine but…never in an hp engine. The valve train noise has almost stopped completely. I need to change the leaking vc gaskets and will look around. The oil psi idiot light is on and off again. I’ll check it with my test gauge. Also the tech at Melling said I was probably wasting my time with the HV pump wont help an engine with low oil pressure. I would have to change to a high psi pump or spring but, that will cause more issues in a worn engine. BTW Melling has couple of good videos on their web site about oil volume and psi. So it seems I’ll have to rebuild or replace the engine.
Craig
Just please don't disturb the crud under the valve covers until right b4 you're ready to rebuild. You'll just clog up the Screen again if you disturb anything under there. I've pulled off Valve covers and the sludge was so thick that it looked like the Cover was still on. Put in new Pump & cleaned screen and good to go for years.

All I ask is that you please read up on what the numbers represent when discussing weights of oil. Then you will see that this won't help any engine with any problem except maybe the difference between living in an extremely cold vs extremely hot climate.
first evry thing I have read or herd of about split wt oil is the first #is the wt.the secend#is the viscosady being the same as say a 20/40..is a 20wt.oil but has the same vis.as 40wt.well I think the older motor dont like the split wt.evry oil motor I have put it in will smoke valves will tap and will use oil..go back to a strait wt. and evry thing is fine..im not an expert but I have biult to meany motors to count most of them are still out there raceing and being driven daly with no trouble and they all run strait wt oil..thanks Artie

-
Back