Compu Tronix Distributorless Ignition?

-
Yes interesting but the distributorless ignition system still looks like a distributor to me. I like the concept behind it though. $600 clams is a lot of dough for an "unproven/non-mainstream" component like this.

Somewhat familiar with DIS4 for VW, many bad reviews from VW crowd.
Here are a few of the problems:
1. No vacuum advance capability.
2. Undefined mechanical advance curve. True electronic systems, have user defined curves.
3. Waste fire coils take space, and more plug cable length than stock.
4. One Year Warranty, failures are common, coil overheating problem, tach signal not working.

We've been having a bunch of trouble with carbon tracking in the distributor cap on our 383. Just switched over to MSD low-resistance wires and now looks like the new HEI-style cap is tracking after only a month. Was looking for a way to eliminate the old cap/rotor system. Crank trigger system is also an option. Anyone know of a crank trigger system for big blocks?

Yes, I have developed a multi-strike, coil on plug, with user adjustable RPM and vacuum advance controls, data logging, and rev limit. My prototype is working great, but not for sale .... yet. There are many details in hardware packaging, user interface, marketing and documentation to complete. I have good plans, but need help to speed progress.

-
Back