computer engine builder program

-

elevensies

Reaction score
im after a computer program that some of you guys seem to use to spec components to get HP ideas on engine builds ect

I dont know what they are called, and trying to search/ ask for something is difficult.

Again, i hope i have explained correctly

im after a computer program that some of you guys seem to use to spec components to get HP ideas on engine builds ect

I dont know what they are called, and trying to search/ ask for something is difficult.

Again, i hope i have explained correctly

Desk top dyno. But remember that it is only as good as the programmer and will only get close but not 100%.

Dart1966 is correct. Desktop Dyno figures things in a perfect world which are rarely achieved unless your spending big bucks to have every last thing blueprinted. I have it and when I play with it I figure in a fudge factor of 5-8% and that's when I have the heads flowed to put in the actual flow figures rather than just pick a head file in the program.

If you don't have head flow numbers you can go to http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tablehdc.htm which has hundreds of head flow files so you may find the heads you have and can input the numbers to make the HP estimate more accurate.

I know people slam desktop dyno, but I like it. The more info you input into it, the better the results. It helps to have things like head flow, but it has defaults for that if you don't.

What I like about it that cannot be refuted is the ability to compare different combinations and parts. It's simple to use.

I have done SEVERAL workups for people on the site that have had dyno runs either previous to what I did or after. All of them were surprised at the similarities.

all i can find is windows based programms
im on mac, and thats become a issue, as i found one, and tried to run it on a mac/windows changeover system, and it wouldnt upload

but cheers anyway, its give me ideas

-
Back