Con Rod opinion wanted

-

dartjack

Reaction score
I was scrounging around the garage yesterday and found another set of 318 rods. They are the older ones with bushings. The beam is smaller than the newer press fit rods. The question is: use the newer heavy ones or the lighter bushed ones? Less mass is good but strength factor is important too. They will be in a 318 with no more than 325 hp and no more than 6500 red line. Mostly street use with an occasional banzai run.

Either one is fine. If the bushings are in good shape on the early rods I'd use those.

I was scrounging around the garage yesterday and found another set of 318 rods. They are the older ones with bushings. The beam is smaller than the newer press fit rods. The question is: use the newer heavy ones or the lighter bushed ones? Less mass is good but strength factor is important too. They will be in a 318 with no more than 325 hp and no more than 6500 red line. Mostly street use with an occasional banzai run.[/QU

you can have them cryogenic frozen to make them stronger plus shot peened. then turn it 7500 . without fear

Thought I'd gone crazy. Went back to find them and----yall' know that story. Casting on the bush 2406782 --press 3418645.

Run the small ones. They are plenty strong.

Thought I'd gone crazy. Went back to find them and----yall' know that story. Casting on the bush 2406782 --press 3418645.

#2406782 Rods

Weight..... 726 Grams

No problem cranking out 6500 RPM's.

attachment.php

I ended up with bushed 645 rods out of my 72 318 core. I'll be running them in my street/strip 318.

-
Back