Condenser Hose Stuck on Receiver/Drier

-

1974DartSport

Reaction score
The receiver/drier on my 74 Dart fits behind the grille just to the left of the condenser. As you look at the sight glass, the aluminum condensor hose enters the receiver/drier just to the right of the sight glass. A hollow bolt is fitted around the hose and slides left where it is tightened to hold the hose into the receiver/drier.

I had no problem loosening the bolt and moving it to the right on the hose. My problem is that I cannot pull the hose out of the receiver/drier. The hose appears to be flared just like the transmission hose, yet no matter how much Liquid Wrench soaking or gentle pulling, that hose will not pop loose. I don't want to buy a new condenser. How do you remove that hose without breaking/bending that aluminum hose? (It's been there 35 years.)

Try putting some heat to it maybe a propane torch just be careful and not get it too hot. If not you will have to replace the dryer anyway you could cut the fitting on the dryer with a dremel tool, again be very careful not to cut the line itself.

-
Back