confused about hynes manual/elec.troubleshooting

-

ozzman

ozzman
Reaction score
Hi everyone.I have a 73 swinger 318 and i'm having an issue concerning the electrical area.I'm having a problem with starting the engine.It'll crank and that's all!I have the hynes manual and checked everything from the pick up coils to ballast resistance.But there's a picture that tells you to check pin #5 on the wiring harness and checking for continuity, so i do and i get nothing, but in the picture it looks like it's the #2.so i check for continuity on #2 just to see what happens and that's the only one actually that does show any continuity.Can anyone help me out?I'm really really confused apart from the fact that I know very little on overall car problems.and i have heard that the hynes manuals tend to have errors.so if anyone can shed some light it will be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Thanks.This is really helpfull.I really appreciate this 63dartman.Have a good one.

Haynes manuals are lame, I stopped buying them cause they're useless.

When you use the term continuity does that imply you're looking for a specific voltage? Usually continuity simply means a wire is hooked from point A to point B with close to zero ohms resistance so I am confused as to what you're trying to do.

-
Back