confusion over distrobution/proportioning block

-
How about a couple photos of the caliper/ hoses?
This is very odd.

That B-body illustration shows both a proportioning valve and a metering valve. The latter was never used on factory a-bodies.

Do you understand now? They are both combination valves. They appear to be the same. The application information is not quite correct with respect to dates of use. Don't believe me 'cause I typed it here. Go read what Chrysler printed in 1970.

Please go read Chrysler's introduction to Dual Hydraulic Brake systems.
1967 Imperial & Chrysler Dual Hydraulic Brake Repair Book - Session 232
and then at least this section about the proportioning valve
1967 Chrysler Imperial Disc Brake System From the Master Technicians Service Conference Session 233[/QUOTE

Sorry did not see that metering valve and only noticed the distribution valve and “hold off proportioning valve”

you are correct!

Sorry did not see that metering valve in the diagram and only noticed the distribution valve and “hold off proportioning valve”

You are correct!

I get it, master cylinder has been replaced twice with new units. I can't believe I could be unlucky 3 times in a row.
I wish you lived closer to me. I could come over, and between the two of us we'd probably find the problem.

When you bench bled the master cyl, did you push the piston in the whole way? If it isnt engaged fully, it will retain an air pocket and could cause air in there. I imagine that you did that when bench bleeding. You seem to have 1 tough issue there. Post your remedy when you find it so we know then.

Hoses short and pulling on calipers? Thats something un related to the air in system.
Thanks, hoses are not to short, 17-18"inches. I have the calipers rear mounted so I should probably have shorter hoses.

How about a couple photos of the caliper/ hoses?
This is very odd.
So I went through all the connections again and everything seems tight enough with no leaks. Double checked the rear brakes and made a minor adjustment. Then a pumped the brakes up and placed a block on them for a few days and went back and checked all the connections again, as before, no leaks.

I have my calipers mounted towards the rear and I did notice that when the wheel is turned the hole way, either way, the caliper hits the lower control arm. This may be what caused the fluid to push out through the cap on the master. I put new seals on the cap and that problem seems solved.
brake2.jpg
brake3.jpg

-
Back