Connecting rods

-
I bought the SCAT rods for my stroker project and they checked out super good and 4340 steel has a much higher tensile strength than the 5140 Eagle rods so they are stronger. Your combo sounds like it should work real good.

Thanks guys. I was doing a bit of research. I've come across SK speed for my rebuild. They're located in long island ny and he seems incredibly knowledgable which is a bit if a relief. He also suggested against kb Pistons. Suggested either TRW forged or Ross pistons. I'm sure a bit on the heavy side, but I'm looking for a one time rebuild,lol. As soon as your goals are set you start debating whether N/A will be good enough or down the line a roots blower(6psi) may really be fitting, now comes the should I go forged 8:1 or 10:1(N/A) and be done with it. Has anyone chosen one over the other and was completely happy over it?

These are good head gaskets:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FPP-1008/

I run the Scat I-Beams in my stroker. I had a very well respected local shop look them over and they were impressed; every rod was right on the money.

I would do some bowl blending on those heads, lot of bang for the buck there.

Thanks guys. I was doing a bit of research. I've come across SK speed for my rebuild. They're located in long island ny and he seems incredibly knowledgable which is a bit if a relief. He also suggested against kb Pistons. Suggested either TRW forged or Ross pistons. I'm sure a bit on the heavy side, but I'm looking for a one time rebuild,lol. As soon as your goals are set you start debating whether N/A will be good enough or down the line a roots blower(6psi) may really be fitting, now comes the should I go forged 8:1 or 10:1(N/A) and be done with it. Has anyone chosen one over the other and was completely happy over it?

Trw's are a heavy piston..and if your going to spend money on "real" good pistons look into Diamond pistons...

These are good head gaskets:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FPP-1008/

I run the Scat I-Beams in my stroker. I had a very well respected local shop look them over and they were impressed; every rod was right on the money.

I would do some bowl blending on those heads, lot of bang for the buck there.

That gasket calls for a 4.180 bore, mine is only 4.070.

-
Back