consol question

-

truckerlee379

71 demon
Reaction score
i have a 71 demon..was bench auto column car...switching to bucket 4 gear....got offered a nice consol from a friend today...first question..are auto consol's the same as 4 speed(or will it fit??) and what is a fair price..he has no brackets...left them on doner car..yea i know.. thanx in advance everyone Lee

cant believe no one know's..whats up? is it my breath? does it help that it was a six no option car??not hurting a 340 car..dont want to miss out on this deal,if its what i need. thanks again!

The 4 speed console just uses an auto console just with a piece cut of it and some cardboard to cover the shifter. You'll need a console spec shifter for it to work. Talk to 340plot he has turn an auto console into a 4 speed one. Just a side note, you couldnt get an a body 4 speed with a console starting from 1970 and up.

The auto console can be modified to work, but it is different. You'll also need a 4spd top plate $$, and the floor brackets (same 4spd or auto, I think :scratch:).

If the auto top plates are nice and it includes the ashtray and sliding cover, I'd guess about $200. Deduct as necessary for pitting and missing pieces.

And no, your breath smells fine from here ROFL :toothy3:

hahaha thanx guys!! Didnt know you couldnt get a 4gear with console after 70...was wondering why not alot of the cars had them..yea i've been bugging 340plot alot.he's probably rdy to hang me by now!!! seens like a real good guy!!! thanx again guys Lee

-
Back