Console carpet question

-

Hadahemi

Reaction score
I was just looking at Classic industries website for some interior stuff, and they sell a console carpet for A bodies, but they list them for a 73, or for 74-76. Mine is a 72....same thing isn't it? Can anyone tell me what was different from a 72 compared to a 73, or a 72 compared to 74-76? They also talk about a die cut panel board that the carpet is attached to...is that the difference, because mine just had carpet glued to the console itself, unless someone altered that over the years. Any input would be appreciated.

I have been looking for console carpet for a number of years now, and have inspected a couple of different applications. It seems that the coffin shaped console from 66 up is roughly the same size around the outside, so console carpet sold for any console shaped like that would be slightly oversized to trim to fit, and therefore should work. I have also seen it welted, and stitched on the bottom edge, and a rather large apron on the drivers side that could be the board you mention. In the end, I have not been able to determine any exact way that it should be, but I believe that if it was done to look appropriate, it wouldn't matter at all. I should talk though, my console has gone uncarpeted for too long now!!! Goin' on my list now, thanks!!! Geof

10769-72 CONSOLE ST1972 DODGE DEMON AUTOMATIC CARPET CONSOLE STRIP$59.88

Check with http://www.accmats.com

I just received on for my 67 dart along with new carpet everything fit fine ! Hope this helps.

10769-72 CONSOLE ST1972 DODGE DEMON AUTOMATIC CARPET CONSOLE STRIP$59.88

Check with http://www.accmats.com

I just received on for my 67 dart along with new carpet everything fit fine ! Hope this helps.

I had looked at ACC, but they want $245 for the carpet...I just think thats way too much! Problem is, I want to get the console carpet from the same place as the floor covering just so I don't get any surprises. Thanks for your comment, guess I'm just gonna have to decide which route to go.

I agree they are too high but I bought mine thru a place here in Iowa and my carpet , sound deadner, and console carpet was alot less from them but the stuff all came from ACC .

Their website is http://www.auto-interior.com/
But I didn't see the console carpet for your Demon there but I am sure they can get it for you. Give them a call and ask. I didn't know you needed a new carpet too.

Funny how the manufacturer wants more than a distributor does but I suppose ACC just gives the retail list price so as not to offend any distributors charging full price.

How hard are these carpet kits to install? Do they just drop in and that's it or do they have to be glued on with some sort of spray adhesive?

How about the console kits...these are glued on, right?

I agree they are too high but I bought mine thru a place here in Iowa and my carpet , sound deadner, and console carpet was alot less from them but the stuff all came from ACC .

Their website is http://www.auto-interior.com/
But I didn't see the console carpet for your Demon there but I am sure they can get it for you. Give them a call and ask. I didn't know you needed a new carpet too.

Funny how the manufacturer wants more than a distributor does but I suppose ACC just gives the retail list price so as not to offend any distributors charging full price.

Thanks for all the info (from the PM too), I'll check them out. Did you get the 80/20 loop carpet? And you are happy with the quality?

The console carpet is glued on I used a can of foam adhesive I had floating around from a tractor cab job and the carpet for my Dart came in two pieces and took an afternoon to install. Remove the seats, kick panels and door sill trims. The biggest job is cutting for the console and the dimmer switch. The acc carpet was molded and you could tell where it was supposed to fit the raised portions of the floor pan. Be patient and take your time as it is oversize on the edges and needs trimmed which is better than being too short. It came with pretty decent instructions and I did not glue mine being molded it laid down pretty good. I still don't have the front seats back in or the console as I want to do some work cleaning up the wiring under the dash but just installed the carpet yesterday!

Your console pieces are just strips of carpet right? Not with any kind of backing. Are they seamed on the lower edges?

Yes they are just strips no backing with the edges rolled. Send a pm with your email and I'll send some pictures of it along with where I'm located.

-
Back