console shifter boot ??

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
what should the lower boot look like for a 68 HURST console shifter?

I know there is a boot that goes on the console top but I imagine the floor would still need to be sealed with something on the floor hump.

Anyone have pics and anyone know where to get a lower boot ......it almost looks like a pistol grip boot should work but last time I tried that it didn't work because a pistol grip boot has a different size bolt circle.

I want to make sure I have everything way before I try to put it all together.

Attachments

• 20140815_184405.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 248
Subscribed, haven't been able to locate this boot or any info on it myself. Not even a picture.

The side cover for the console is another sore spot. No luck with obtaining either of these parts.
Have gotten pictures of this cover from members here who have originals and have heard of a
fiberglass repo but no contact info.

Keep us all informed Rani If your detective skills are more successful than mine have been.

These are the only two parts that remain elusive on my 4-speed conversion for my
68 barracuda project. Ran into a dead end.

I didn't think they used them on the Hurst, only the Inland?

That could explain why they are so hard to find? Lol.
Rocky do you have or seen a original car to base this?
That would be something to have been looking for a boot that doesn't
exist going on two years now.
The repo boots listed for 70 b-body look like they might work. Oval to the floor with rectangular shifter stalk hole. Haven't tried one to confirm it fits.

That could explain why they are so hard to find? Lol.
Rocky do you have or seen a original car to base this?
That would be something to have been looking for a boot that doesn't
exist going on two years now.
The repo boots listed for 70 b-body look like they might work. Oval to the floor with rectangular shifter stalk hole. Haven't tried one to confirm it fits.

no, 70 b-body don't work....tried it and the B-body boot is more circular and don't line up with the holes on the floor hump.

that plus the B-body boot don't go high enough on the stalk to work without having to force it on, then its restricted.

Subscribed, haven't been able to locate this boot or any info on it myself. Not even a picture.

The side cover for the console is another sore spot. No luck with obtaining either of these parts.
Have gotten pictures of this cover from members here who have originals and have heard of a
fiberglass repo but no contact info.

Keep us all informed Rani If your detective skills are more successful than mine have been.

These are the only two parts that remain elusive on my 4-speed conversion for my
68 barracuda project. Ran into a dead end.

Here Ya Go: [ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-repo-Mopar-Dart-Cuda-A-body-4-speed-carpet-cup-/351144185714?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51c1d30f72"]Vintage Repo Mopar Dart Cuda A Body 4 Speed Carpet Cup | eBay[/ame]

holy cow...... you found a piece I think we all need for these consoles

-
Back