Console Top Silver Paint

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a company that makes the matt silver that is on the console top plate in a spray bomb?

Hey Roy

I used the Argent wheel paint from Mopar.....worked great for me
Part number is P4529876 and the cost is around $8.00/can

a03.jpg

a07.jpg

Wow Tony, that looks pretty good.
I just got some new woodgrain for mine in the mail tonight, but you got me thinking...........

Wow Tony, that looks pretty good.
I just got some new woodgrain for mine in the mail tonight, but you got me thinking...........

Since the pics were taken I have re-dyed the console itself with
black dye.

I'll have to post up some more pics.

Hey Roy

I used the Argent wheel paint from Mopar.....worked great for me
Part number is P4529876 and the cost is around $8.00/can

a03.jpg

a07.jpg

Thanks, that looks just like what I'm looking for. I tell ya youz guys are the greatest, Allways come thru with some help.

I bought a can of paint from Eastwood. It is accent silver trim paint in their OEM line of paints part # OE22000. It worked great on my console. Jeff

I bought a can of paint from Eastwood. It is accent silver trim paint in their OEM line of paints part # OE22000. It worked great on my console. Jeff

I can't find this paint at the Eastwood site. You sure that is the right number

You can have any Chrysler - Jeep - Dodge dealer order the part number.
Mine took one day to arrive after I called the dealer to order it.

Lol a Google search brought it up. Did you use the mopar silver? I see rustoleum silver metallic #251053 is close.

I was looking at the photo and it reminded me of how Weld Thru Primer looks, its almost Argent and textured

Old thread or not, I'm not very big on Mopar's other paints (actually stay away) but i'll tell you that that Argent Wheel paint is awesome!!!! I used it on rallye rims, tail light bezels and much more, always holds up very nice! :glasses7:

Old thread or not, I'm not very big on Mopar's other paints (actually stay away) but i'll tell you that that Argent Wheel paint is awesome!!!! I used it on rallye rims, tail light bezels and much more, always holds up very nice! :glasses7:

is it a lacquer or enamel ??

If I recall, I used the Mopar Argent wheel paint.

That's what Im going with Roy. I painted a test piece with 2 different paints.(You can see the dividing line on the scrap I painted. Left is Mopar Performance Argent silver. The right is Duplicolor Radiant silver metallic. Too shiny IMO. To me the MP paint is a closer match to what is on console lid now.

I'll post finished pics once it gets done.

Attachments

• 20160322_200151.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 20160322_200217.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 20160322_200328.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 85
When I did mine, before I sold it I jus used aluminum wheel paint from auto zone

-
Back