Constant depression Carb

-

jkeck55

Reaction score
After a long wait I think I may have finally found a side draft manifold. I have been intrigued by the possibility of putting a variable venturi carb on my Duster for quite some time. I have finally found someone selling a side draft manifold from an old cortez coach. Has anyone on here ever tried to put a side draft cab on their slant? Do they know of anything I should be concerned about?

After a long wait I think I may have finally found a side draft manifold. I have been intrigued by the possibility of putting a variable venturi carb on my Duster for quite some time. I have finally found someone selling a side draft manifold from an old cortez coach. Has anyone on here ever tried to put a side draft cab on their slant? Do they know of anything I should be concerned about?

What will you be using for the carb? Original Carter sidedraft, a SU or a Stromberg CD. Ought to be pretty easy to set up compared to triple Weber or triple SU which were used mostly in Australia. I have each set-up and will be using one of them on a slant eventually.

I heard that the carter from the cortez is junk. I was thinking of either an SU or a Hitachi. depending on which is easier to come by.

I heard that the carter from the cortez is junk.
I was thinking of either an SU or a Hitachi. depending on which is easier to come by.

Either should be readily available on ePay. Since you're only using a single carb a 2 inch throat (such as fitted on Jags) would probably work the best. I just sent out for rebuilding a set of HIF6s (1 & 3/4 in throat) plus extras for parts if needed for use on a triple SU set-up for use on my 4 speed slant for my 65 Dart wagon. Also sent my Lynx manifold to Leanna for some of her magic.

Here's a picture of what I'm working with

Attachments

• rsz_sus_003.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 128
If you are looking for a 2" carb, you will be using a SU H8 variant. Hitachi 240Z carbs were 44mm (1 3/4"), and a SU H6 variant.

Got my manifold today. It looks good. I am going to need to clean it and fashion an adapter plate. The mounting for the carb is triangular with three bolt holes instead of rectangular with 4. shouldn't be a big deal.

-
Back