Conversion Oil Pan

-
That number sounds familiar, I think this may be the one. I had to slightly notch the K-member and dimple the pan for steering clearance.

Yes, that's the one I have. Sounds easy enough to install it. How much does it hang below the k-member? Any bottoming out issues.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info, I will give it a shot.

Is thier any possibility that someone could start reproducing the corect pan for us . Ie 440 source

I've heard that the original pan is being repopped , the problem is 2 fold though , first it's not going to be cheap , I paid 400 for an original I bought then another 100 to a buddy thats a tin knocker to fix the sump , the one that is in my car looks like it was jacked up using the pan .

Second is the original is only a 4 qt sump and getting a windage tray in it is going to require cutting on any tray you use because of an added baffle in the very rear of the stock pan . Many are looking for increased oil capacity I believe.

I'm going to modify the 70-71 hemi 6qt pan , hopefully I'll lose only about a 1/2 to 3/4 qt capacity , only bad thing is it will hang a little below the K .

As far as the source making it , very limited audience and the chinese would have to steal one first so they can copy it .

I never did bottom it out but it was no where as low as many I`ve seen.

A friend had the moroso deep pan in his 74 duster , bottomed it out at highway speed , it wasn't pretty . Luckily he didn't blow the motor , has the 187 on an unmodified spool K and its safely tucked up out of harms way .

If you have a street car that will see alot of miles the deep sump pan should be the last resort .

-
Back