Convert my '74 or sell it all and buy a '70?

Convert my '74 or sell it and buy a '70?

• Cut up the '70 and convert the '74.

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • Sell the '74's and restore the '70 Twister.

Votes: 39 34.8%
  • Sell everything and buy a complete '70.

Votes: 41 36.6%

• Total voters
-
Bottom line is you should do it your way. People sometimes ask me why I did this or that to my car and the easy answer for me is because I wanted to. If you have a very rare car and feel a need to preserve it that is one thing. But for a driver do what feels right to you and let others do the same. Personally I would swap the 70 front clip onto the nicest 74 and call it a Duster and enjoy it.

The plan for her is to have a nice fuel injected magnum motor, automatic overdrive transmission, Vintage Air, disc brakes, some 17" mustang wheels, and it will be the the new Challenger color Furious Fuschia. Something she can hit the key in and go, and I don't have to worry about it breaking on her.

Sounds VERY similar to the plan I have for a future build for my wife! Only she'd rather have the 73+ style with paint FM3 panther pink.

I'm confused by your reference to a "70 Twister"; all of my reference material, as well as my memory, shows the Twister package being introduced in 71 as an appearance package below the Duster 340.

Save all the cars you can from the dead.

And Dusters Sports are better that plain Darts cause they have more head room for real men.
Parrot beaks rule.

Attachments

• zombie.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 100
I was in the same situation with a 71 and 73 duster. The reality is would you rather sit and wait or get one done and enjoy it. I vote for swapping the nose and tail panel.

-
Back