Converter for my combo

-

tomd

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm finally getting time to put my 70 340 Swinger back together after 9 years of sitting. I realize that a decade has passed and many parts I have chosen are hopelessly out of date and now there are much better alternatives. To complicate matters, this is the first automatic I have run, all my others, big or small block have been sticks so this auto thing is still a little confusing. The car is a street toy/grudge night car, I don't need to fit into a class. Car is a full steel body in street trim and a full interior so it's over 3K lbs but I havent weighed it yet as it's still apart.

As she sits:
70 340, 30 over, steel crank, 10.5 (measured) fluid damper, ballanced, W2 econo heads, bowl ported, purple shaft mechanical 4120653 284-528, Mopar SP water heated intake, tti 1-7/8 headers. (No carb chosen yet)
Trans: 727, TCI tranzbrake, front pump from the newer OD trans for greater fluid volume, passeges opened up for faster flow, bolt in sprag, 6 plate front drum.

Currently it has 391's but the ratio will be changed when the car gets mini tubbed to something in the 4.5 to 4.8 depending on tire height.

If your still reading, whats out there for good converters for a combo like this? I know I'm going to need balloon plates at least.

Tom

that damper seems like an odd size. the carb, 750-800dp. convertor, 8"-9 1/2". since it's a grudge nite hotrod put a nos cheater on it time at 2 seconds. you didn't mention exhaust, as big as your collector. i wouldn't recommend going and lower than the gears you have now but if you do change only go to a 4.10 as the cam will run out of steam with 4.5's or .8's

-
Back