Converter from edge with 131 teeth

-

Moparornocar51

Reaction score
Hi guys i have a edege converter and i counted 131 teeth, i thought that all sb mopar converters has 130 teeth, i had always problems, because the starter didnt engage into the ring gear from the converter correctly, so i thought maybe that is the problem...

On my starter from powermaster i have 10 teeth

Here is the thread where i got to the problem
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=226114

Thx Peter

Hi guys i have a edege converter and i counted 131 teeth, i thought that all sb mopar converters has 130 teeth, i had always problems, because the starter didnt engage into the ring gear from the converter correctly, so i thought maybe that is the problem...

On my starter from powermaster i have 10 teeth

Here is the thread where i got to the problem
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=226114

Thx Peter

Unless there's something special, ALL Chrysler converters should have a 130 tooth ring gear as I recall. Please recount and make sure that you've counted the mumber of teeth correctly. If you wish, I'll phone the company I worked for before retiring and speak with the converter shop foreman to confirm the 130 tooth count for Chrysler converters.
The ring gear on the converter you have should be replaced in my opinion. It could cause further problems down the road.

transman

Hi transman, first thx for your help, yes please call the company for me i would really apreciate it, i countet right, 3 times there are 131 teeth, and the teeth dont looks good anymore, i ve to replace that ring, yes

I will also contact the guy who build my transmission 727 he got the converter from edge for me...

thx transman, Peter

Sorry for the delay Peter, but I've been very busy for the last few days.
I just got off the phone with the shop foreman at the converter shop, and he told me that the 727 converter has a 130 tooth ring gear. But, he also said that there have been 131 tooth ring gears used on the rare occasion. EITHER ring gear will work.

-
Back