Converter ID?

-

RAVano

Reaction score
Can anyone ID this converter from the numbers on it? It’s a 11” for a 727. I’m changing my combination and wondering if I would like this converter better.

C0B0290F-5229-44A8-BDEC-FD0134430A37.jpeg

What is your current t combination. A mopar 11" with the wider ring gear is a higher stall than the thin ring gear 12".

no idea what converter you have there, those numbers could mean anything, just hand written on.

it’s a 1971 Dart, Basiclly stock 360 magnum. Currently it has 3.73’s with a loose feeling PTC 9.5” 3000 stall. Although the car is fun to drive I want it to be more enjoyable on longer distances. Going to try out 2.94’s and this converter since I have both.

I forgot to ask you, the converter looks like it's a used one. Do you know any history on it? Check the hub of the converter. If it isn't a smooth as a babies butt, you might want to consider not using it. Check the size of the weights on the engine side of the converter. There should be two of them, and their measurements are: 1.62" x .75" x .380".

I forgot to ask you, the converter looks like it's a used one. Do you know any history on it? Check the hub of the converter. If it isn't a smooth as a babies butt, you might want to consider not using it. Check the size of the weights on the engine side of the converter. There should be two of them, and their measurements are: 1.62" x .75" x .380".
Hub surface is super smooth no ridges in it and the fluid looked brand new. No weights in it except what looks to be a converter balance weight. Thank you

Hub surface is super smooth no ridges in it and the fluid looked brand new. No weights in it except what looks to be a converter balance weight. Thank you
Ok, a couple of things. My converter catalog says all 360 converters from 1971 and on have either one or two weights on the engine side of the converter. In 1978, Chrysler started to use a lockup style converter with the 360 engine. They also are weighted. The 225/6 and the 318 converters do not have weights. The attached scan shows the weights associated with the 727 Non Lock up converter with the 360 engine. Hope this helps.

360 converter weights..jpg

Ok, a couple of things. My converter catalog says all 360 converters from 1971 and on have either one or two weights on the engine side of the converter. In 1978, Chrysler started to use a lockup style converter with the 360 engine. They also are weighted. The 225/6 and the 318 converters do not have weights. The attached scan shows the weights associated with the 727 Non Lock up converter with the 360 engine. Hope this helps.

View attachment 1716108089
Thank you for that. I should add that my 5.9 Magnum flexplate has the weights, therefore I use a zero balance converter. I’ll put this one in and see how it is.

-
Back