Convertible Duster/Demon?

-

vol4

Reaction score
Hi...newbie here,
I've always wondered what a Duster might have looked like as a convertible?
I think they would have rocked! Some day I would like to create a Duster convertible if I had a second car to try it on. In the mean time I took a Johnny Lighting car and removed the roof and made a quick rag-top. You will have to visit my site on here to view it, the file pic won't load on this thread.

Has anyone ever seen a real convertible Duster/Demon before, has it been done before?
Thanks for reading this.

BTW: What do you peoples think of my real 74 Duster paint job?...some days I like it, some days I don't...Opinons welcome good or bad.

I think it would have looked pretty cool if they made one. It's about the same body shape as the 68-72 Chevelles and those cars look cool as convertibles. In fact if you where going to try to make one, using a modified Chevelle drop top would probably your best bet for a factory looking conversion. Of course the pop out side windows would have to be changed to roll up ones.

I'd love to see a Yellow 71 Convertible(conversion) 340 Duster with the twin scoops, blacked out hood, Go wing and 340 stripes down the sides. Now that would ROCK!!!

Thanks for the reply...So it sounds like it could be done, would be nice to see a Duster convertible someday.
I resized the pic I took of my Johnny Lighting car I modified to a convertible...maybe it will show on here.

Picture174 (WinCE).jpg

That does look good! Makes me want to do it! I'd almost feel bad hacking into the roof of a Duster or Demon or Dart Sport though/ :sad1:

yeah that is somehting i would like to try! BTW unfortynaly i think the chevelle drop top would bee a dificult swap since the chevelle is a lot wider but i have never worked with droptops..

put a duster grill and headlights on a 93 900 t Saab and you would have a duster convert....LOL

THat looks pretty cool. too bad someone hasnt hacked up an ol gold duster rollin parts car just for the goof. I would imagine strenthining the frame for ragtop application could be done easily. Anyone out there got a donor car?

-
Back