Convertible windshield

-

Aussiemopars

Reaction score
I have a 69 Barracuda convertible I am replacing the windshield on. I am looking for the locking strip that goes in the seal at the bottom. Does anyone have a part no. and supplier, I can't seem to find one.

IMG_1588.jpg

Be prepared for sticker shock if you do find that piece. There is a way to replace that plastic insert with the stainless piece from any other a-body 67 thru 76. There is a thread here somewhere with details from those having done it. Good luck either way :)

Whay it boiled down to was using the 2 soor coupe rubber gasket rather than the vert spacific gasket and trim the coupe gasket on the top and sides to match the vert gasket. Plus adding about 6 of the trim clips along the bottom that the stainless reveal moulding attaches to.

Another way to get around the high price of that biscuit insert ($185.00) is to use a lockstrip from a Dodge truck, late 70's I think. Deutchmann Automotive routinely stocks the truck lockstrip for that very reason. He is in Bowling Green, Ohio and advertizes in the Mopar Collectors Guide. You can also look him up online I think. Good luck with the project, Geof

not trying to hijack-- I have a 69 dart convert--
I have the aftermarket lockstrip lower item from year one--- purchased some years ago-
what windshield gasket maker do I need to use? i'm starting to re assemble this spring after 10 + years of being apart, thanks Lawrence

not trying to hijack-- I have a 69 dart convert--
I have the aftermarket lockstrip lower item from year one--- purchased some years ago-
what windshield gasket maker do I need to use? i'm starting to re assemble this spring after 10 + years of being apart, thanks Lawrence

There is a guy on Ebay that sells the locking strips, for around $60 but that's enough material to do a hardtop.So i don't know if he adjusts his price for the convertible seeing you only need enough to do the bottom of the windshield.I just replaced the lockstrip on my 82 Ram and the gap on the truck was a lot narrower than the gap on my 68 convert, so i'm not sure if te truck lockstrip is wide enough.

The lockstrips have different profiles like D and F.
I can't state exactly which is correct for what gasket.

Well I think the original seal looks like an "F" type seal.

I did get hold of a seal for an Aussie Valiant, a VG Valiant hardtop, because the windscreen is the same. The difference with this seal is that there is no locking strip and one part of the seal folds under the other. I haven't started to pull everything apart yet so I don't know if this one will fit with the side moldings.

old seal 1.JPG

New seal 1.JPG

-
Back