Converting 75 Scamp to bucket seats

-

Mountaingreen

Reaction score
I'mGetting ready to do a bench seat to bucket seat conversion complete with 4-speed and console on my 75 Scamp. I have a pair of 72 a-body bucket seats with tracks. Can anyone tell me first, if these tracks will work? and second how do I determine the correct location for this installation? I wouls appreciate any help advise or pics that anyone who has done this before. I understand that the 75 models are different as well because of the catalytic converter.

Never had a 75 but on every Duster I've had(7 and counting) there were dimples in the floor pan where the bucket seat track studs would go(if optioned), pull up your carpet and match your tracks

You can see them in the pic, don't forget to plug the bench seat holes

Attachments

• DSC00156.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 182
You'll need to modify or replace the driver side inner seat track to work with your existing floor pan due to the catalytic converter. The other 3 tracks & the bucket seats will work just fine.

Here's a pic of the cat style track....

Attachments

• P1110339.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 180
You'll need to modify or replace the driver side inner seat track to work with your existing floor pan due to the catalytic converter. The other 3 tracks & the bucket seats will work just fine.

Here's a pic of the cat style track....

i actually have a very nice 75 dr. sd. inside track and will trade for the 72 track for our 72 demon.also second on the dimples...easy swap,but when they were factory bucket seats they had a plate to stiffin up the inner area.

mike bee

Attachments

• bucket seat plates.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 200
-
Back