converting a 2 door hardtop door into a 2 door sedan door

-

investigator

Reaction score
need a little help here needed. I was wondering if I could I wa a two-door hardtop door a two and transfer the guts from a 2 door sedan into the hardtop door and end up with a 2 door sedan door.

No. They totally different shells,but you can turn a 4dr sedan into a 2dr sedan

need a little help hereneed I was wondering if I could I wa a two-door hardtop door a two and transfer the guts from a 2 door sedan into the hardtop door and end up with a 2 door sedan door.

What you would end up with is your original sedan door with just the outer skin of the hardtop door on it. The entire inner door frame would be different as the sedan window frame is welded onto the lower door frame. Personally, I would keep searching for a 2 door sedan door. The Valiant and Dart front door skins were the same so a 67-69 Valiant door would be interchangable with a 67-69 Dart door. There were alot more 2 door sedan Valiants built than 2 door sedan Darts, so I would look for Valiant doors. Keep in mind that in 69, Chrysler changed the position of the door lock button on 2 door models. If you use a 69 Valiant or Dart door, get the parts that operate the door locks with it.

thanks for the replies really appreciated all I need really is a door skin it would be what easier if I found a whole door

I have a pair of doors off of a 68 Dart sedan. Let me look tomorrow at the condition. If I remember correctly, the passenger was a good door, drivers needed some work, but was build able. Why are you replacing it?

-
Back