Converting column shift to floor shift

-

billytuffnuts

Reaction score
I have a 72 demon that is currently set up with a column shifter and bench seats. I have a steering column for a floor shifter vehicle.

What would it take to convert the vehicle to a one with a floor shifter? I would be using an aftermarket shifter and not the stock console shift.

thanks I'll be swapping out the original column shift steering column with a steering column from a floor shifter car so I won't need to do that.

If I use a aftermarket shifter with a cable, I won't need any extra brackets that might have come with a floor shift car right? Just hook up the cable to the shift lever and go?

thanks I'll be swapping out the original column shift steering column with a steering column from a floor shifter car so I won't need to do that.

If I use a aftermarket shifter with a cable, I won't need any extra brackets that might have come with a floor shift car right? Just hook up the cable to the shift lever and go?

That's correct. They're completely independent.

Has anybody used an aftermarket floor shifter with a bench seat in a demon/duster/dart? Space is limited with that seat so I'd like to see what other people have been using.

-
Back