convertor install

-
Great job barbee6043!!:cheers: It's amazing the creativity people come up with. As long you stay safe!!

I've been chasing an oil leak in my 273 and tried having my wife spin up the oil pump with the primer tool while I watched but still couldn't see it. So, I put the 66 barracuda up on 4 jack stands, started it up and crawled under and it didn't take long to see oil dripping from the oil filter adapter. Just pulled it off today and got the gasket replaced. Going to put it back together tomorrow. Didn't like crawling under there with it running but it worked!!!!!

well its 5:30 sat morning. maybe 2 more ibuprophin??? headin to buddy's boneyard to pull 318 out truck, 8 3/4 putta 65 4 door b body, trans out of 65 dart! and he's 75 mi away! LOL

I was also thinking yesterday, it would make good video. but who would believe people do such!????? the floorr jack is worn so I have to use pipe wrench to turn the handle so it will go up and down!? LOL rent one?? rent store is 70 mi round trip! HA

Pulled mine the other weekend to replace the rear freeze plugs. While I had it out I went ahead and adjusted the bands.

52 years old, used the same leg on the floor jack with wood under it method. It didn't "slide right in"...but eventually got it, whew!!

Yep, sucks getting old!!!

Not bad for an OLD DART like myself!

I usually get some all thread rod and a couple of nuts. Thread a nut up an inch or so, stick it through the engine holes, tighten it down with another nut. Slide the tranny up on the rods and push to the engine. Start the bottom bolts. Remove the threaded rods, start the top bolts. On a Ferd, all the block holes are threaded and the bottom bolts go in from the tranny side so you don't have to mess with nuts. My '74 Dart slant has the bell housing threaded and the side bolts go in from the engine side except the top ones but those are hard to get to.

Replacing the 3 speed manual tranny of my '70 Ferd truck, I crawled under on a creeper and balanced it on my chest/stomach. Used to just bench press 'em up there but couldn't do it now in my advanced years. Only needed a couple inches more height. Laying there with an 80# tranny on my chest thinking "what am I going to do now?" Big inhale and stomach bloated up to just the right height. Rolled the creeper and stabbed it on the threaded rods. Perks of having a big fat belly! :cheers:

if I sat an 80 pound tranny on my chest, I WOULD DIE!!!!! LOL

I was ready to use all thread to pull it up but once I had it at right height and angle I got it on in.....

today went to buddy;'s to pull 318 out of 72 pickup, stick. out in the field, mud, a mess. got it up on side of cab . got everything loss, set it back down, drug cherry picker out there and finally got it all out, exh pipe not helping, the input shaft was in the pilot hole and did not want to slide out. I doubt the thing has ever been apart.... and maybe factory never put any grease on end of input shaft.

was so wet we had to drag the cherrypicker and engine out with the 4 x 4. slide out like a sleigh on mud!!?? LOL

Replacing the 3 speed manual tranny of my '70 Ferd truck, I crawled under on a creeper and balanced it on my chest/stomach. Used to just bench press 'em up there but couldn't do it now in my advanced years. Only needed a couple inches more height. Laying there with an 80# tranny on my chest thinking "what am I going to do now?" Big inhale and stomach bloated up to just the right height. Rolled the creeper and stabbed it on the threaded rods. Perks of having a big fat belly! :cheers:

That's creativity!!

-
Back