Cool Gift from my past...

-

mguner

How many is too many?
Reaction score
When I went down for Christmas dinner with my folks I was reunited with a wonderful piece of my past and Mopar and drag racing history. While moving some furniture in storage mother found one of my old magazines from when I was a kid. It is the 1971 Popular Hot Rodding Drag Racing Annual for 1971!8)
The one with the corvette funny car on the cover. Cover price is $1.00!
This thing is chocked full of racing history of THE CARS of the day. Pics of Ronnie Sox running Bill Jenkins, Don Garlits lighting up for a fire burnout, fuel alterds, front engine rails aiming for the sky, Hot Wheels Duster funny, Cuda and Challenger funnies and stockers, 68 Dart Hemi cars etc.... I would love to post some pics from it on here but not sure of copyright issues.

Belden, Billy has a bunch of those too that were luckily wrapped up in hefty bagged boxes when Katrina hit. Not only are the cars cool, I get a kick out of the ads in them ... some of those parts prices are hard to believe!

Merry Christmas and congrats on reviving the good memories.

I have every car mag. I ever bought 40yrs worth. I have some of the binders they used to sell to keep them in. It is cool to look back & remember the days. I love them old school cars. Drag racing was so much more exciting back in the 4-speed days.

-
Back