Cool sounding 318

-
I can see the video, I use to be able to see them but for about the last two weeks they have been gone. Is there something I need to change in my user cp?

Sorry to hijack the thread a little bit, but I want to hear this 318 and I can't and it is making me not happy.

If you need to you can just go to the YouTube website and do a search for 'Dodge Dart 1975'.

^^^ exactly! mild cam, headers 4 barrel carb and glass packs can help a 318 out big time. My 318 sounded like decently done 340 when i got it due to all the same additions.

sound like Powersticks from Classic Chambered Exhaust to me, thats what i plan on sticking in my duster

sound like Powersticks from Classic Chambered Exhaust to me, thats what i plan on sticking in my duster

I asked the maker of the video what he had for mufflers and he said it was Flowmasters (I think Super 40's). I agree with you though, sounds more like Powersticks. It is also a mild build so we're all right about that but I had never heard a small-block that sounded like that. When I first watched that video I almost thought it was one of those old NASCAR race Hemis from a Charger Daytona or something.

One question though, will headers make the sound much more different than manifolds? Would my 318 sound anything like that with a similar exhaust setup and manifolds instead of headers?

I asked the maker of the video what he had for mufflers and he said it was Flowmasters (I think Super 40's). I agree with you though, sounds more like Powersticks. It is also a mild build so we're all right about that but I had never heard a small-block that sounded like that. When I first watched that video I almost thought it was one of those old NASCAR race Hemis from a Charger Daytona or something.

One question though, will headers make the sound much more different than manifolds? Would my 318 sound anything like that with a similar exhaust setup and manifolds instead of headers?

I have some Flowmaster 40's on my 360 Dart, I'll throw up a quick vid so you can hear it.

I've heard Flowmasters before but they sounded a lot more 'tinny' with that weird coins-in-the-dryer/flushing toilet (best way to describe it) sound.

-
Back