Cool story, sorry not Mopar related

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
I am parting a 68 Falcon, and an older fellow called me asking me to grab the horn ring. I met up with him at the college parking lot, and he had driven his 68 Falcon, which besides being in great shape, was identical to the one in the yard I'm parting. I asked him how long he's owned it (him and his wife were pushing 80), and he said it was the only car he has ever bought new. His wife and him have been daily driving it since 1968. It had a 289, with 245,000 original miles, with general maintenance.
No, not a Mopar, but still pretty cool (to me at least).

falcon.png

falcon2-1.png

falcon3.png

falcon4.png

That is a great story. Does not need to be a Mopar either. That car is a true testament of how nice they can be if treated with respect and love. So many of these cars(all makes) were beat to **** and neglected.

That guy looks happy as hell driving that that old ford. :) My sister had a late 60's falcon with a straight 6 she drove until it about fell to pieces from rust.

Cool car, and cooler story. Always love hearing ones like this. On a side note, I have seen what looks like a new Pinto wagon and a new Chevette on the roads in the last month. You gotta wonder how many of these cars are sitting in heated garages just waiting for the grandkids :)

Grant

If that's the original gas cap, that's even MORE amazing! Looks like it might be time for some rear helper springs....lol. I had a '64 falcon in high school (4-door with a factory 260/4-speed, very rare) and put headers on it and drove the wheels off it. I love that 289 engine, super simple and they have that kinda crazy 4.00 bore/2.87 stroke. Good for grandpa to scream it!

Great story I agree with everyone else. It's great to see stories like this.

-
Back