Cop Police Wheel best/favorite tire size.

-

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
I plan on using cop wheels 15X7 all the way around on a 70-72 dart. I want all four the same size tire. I was thinking about some 235/60R15.

Is this a good choice? Or are they a little too big for the front?

I cant stand oversized tires or out of proportion tires on the front of any car.

Whats everybody else running? Some pics of some Cop wheels and tire sizes maybe?

Thanks

Do you have power or manual steering? I would not go too wide on the front if you got manual steering = increased steering effort. I have 205/65/15 on the front and 235/60/15 on the rear of my '72 Dart with cc wheels. I'm going 245's in the rear next time.

I have 205-60's all around on my Duster on cop wheels. I don't like the looks of the 60 series, I would like to sell them and put 215-65's on.
I don't know about the Dart, but I don't think a set of 235's would fit in the front, too wide and hit the frame rail maybe?
There is another thread on here with completed cars, I posted a pic of my Duster with the 205's on it.
C

I run a 215 60 R14 in the front with manual steering and would recomend 195-205. They are alot more work but I like the way they look. going to do some work to the steering to help with that.

I have cop rims (15x7) on my 1970 Dart Im @ work now but When I get home I will check my tire size I did cut the inner lip of the rear wheel wells BTW anyone have an extra rim (need it for a spare) close to long island ny Thanks Steve

Here's the Demon pre-paint shop. This is a 235/60-15 T/A on a cop car rim. It does not rub the front fender, but there's not any appreciable amount of extra room. The car also has a BBP disk brake setup. This pushes the wheel a little further away from center line of the car.

Attachments

• IMG_5335s.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 554
Would love to see photos from all the people who posted their tire sizes. I'm also using body-colored 15x7 cop car wheels on my GY3 Dart.. would love to see what the various tire sizes look like. Curious what the max size is for the rear without rubbing or doing a spring perch relocation

-
Back