Cordoba big brakes on dippy M body spindles

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
I have access to a pair of cordoba big brake rotors, and caliper mounts. Will the cordoba rotors, and caliper mounts fit the dippy spindles? Also will the dippy M body calipers work on this setup. Or should i get the cordoba calipers too. I think the dippy calipers are a 2.75" bore like the 'doba ones are.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Vin numbers starting with R, W, X, S and you're good to go. Otherwise, no.

You want the calipers and brackets from the big car.

The 11.75" caliper brackets, rotors and calipers will all fit fine on the F/M/J spindles, no problem. So if your Diplomat donor is a M body you're good to go. That's exactly what I'm running on my Challenger. And the Diplomat calipers should be a 2.75" piston bore, so they're the same as the Cordoba calipers. Only the A-bodies got the smaller piston for the 73+ calipers, they were 2.6". Everything else was 2.75" except for C body and truck stuff, and that stuff doesn't interchange anyway. I left the original calipers on my Challenger when I did the swap, same piston diameter.

Cool so i will grab the caliper brackets, and rotors. 1984 dippy M body. Fifth avenue actually.

Last edited:
I have put the 11.75 brakes on a couple of dips... just need the rotors and adapters

Should i grab the dust shields too ?

Only if you want them. I don't run them on any of my cars. About the only thing they're good for is trapping dust and heat close to the rotor. And it's super fun if you get a piece of gravel stuck in them. But that's just my opinion.

And -- if you want N.O.S. ++ Asbestos ++ Brake Pads --- for nice smooooooooth braking -- I have them for the
pin-type caliper and for the slider caliper (only a few of them).............

And -- if you want N.O.S. ++ Asbestos ++ Brake Pads --- for nice smooooooooth braking -- I have them for the
pin-type caliper and for the slider caliper (only a few of them).............

Asbestos brake pads suck, and so does mesothelioma. Semi-metallics for street use are best in my experience, they resist fade better and provide better stops without needing to be up to temperature like some harder racing pads. Rotors aren't that expensive, buy new ones when they wear out.

When I went to bed at 2:00 A M on the East Coast, DONALD TRUMP was still winning the popular vote -- and he, of course, WON the PRESIDENCY.
Then, you had the californians "chime in" and they were enough to change all of that -- but THEY COULD NOT AFFECT ANYTHING IMPORTANT.....
That is the way it will always be........ The Quality parts will be utilized by the MANLY 49 states......................
Where is your -- hillary -- now -- spending AMERICA's MONEY -- in the 100 % ILLEGAL "clinton foundation"......
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN......................

When I went to bed at 2:00 A M on the East Coast, DONALD TRUMP was still winning the popular vote -- and he, of course, WON the PRESIDENCY.
Then, you had the californians "chime in" and they were enough to change all of that -- but THEY COULD NOT AFFECT ANYTHING IMPORTANT.....
That is the way it will always be........ The Quality parts will be utilized by the MANLY 49 states......................
Where is your -- hillary -- now -- spending AMERICA's MONEY -- in the 100 % ILLEGAL "clinton foundation"......
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN......................

Doesn't matter who the President is, nothing that person says/does is going to change the laws of physics.

Asbestos pads will lose out to semi-metallics in braking performance every single time. Trying to change the subject from science to politics doesn't change the facts of the situation. Technology improves, get with the times.

And stop trying to hock your asbestos pads in every thread that's marginally brake related. We don't need them, and that's not what this thread was about anyway.

When someone has a 1948 Caddy, a 1939 Chrysler, or any VALUABLE car -- with Non - existant Brake Drums ----
He or She is Using ---- ONLY ASBESTOS ---- and LOVING it ---- best known braking system known to mankind, and He or She
will not be ripping and grabbing, and shredding Non - existant brake drums.....
Nice smooooooooooooooth braking -- and keeps things economy........ In this case, "Old School" is BEST......... BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When someone has a 1948 Caddy, a 1939 Chrysler, or any VALUABLE car -- with Non - existant Brake Drums ----
He or She is Using ---- ONLY ASBESTOS ---- and LOVING it ---- best known braking system known to mankind, and He or She
will not be ripping and grabbing, and shredding Non - existant brake drums.....
Nice smooooooooooooooth braking -- and keeps things economy........ In this case, "Old School" is BEST......... BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're more worried about how long your braking surfaces will last than you are about your stopping distance, your car doesn't belong on the road, it belongs in a museum. This thread is about upgrading to later, larger brake rotors for PERFORMANCE, not maintaining some garage queen.

Go to HERSHEY --- Watch them DRIVEN........................
Get your head out of the sand once in a while......
'Nuff said --- but I am SURE you will have some comment................

Go to HERSHEY --- Watch them DRIVEN........................
Get your head out of the sand once in a while......
'Nuff said --- but I am SURE you will have some comment................

I've been to plenty of car shows thanks, after a few hundred they're all about the same. A car that goes to one car show a year is still a garage queen. Heck a car that goes to half a dozen car shows and a couple of Dairy Queen's a year is STILL a garage queen.

I've been daily driving classics since I had a license. I've daily driven everything from a '56 Austin Healey to a '56 Ford truck, and my '72 Challenger and now my '74 Duster. They all got semi-metallics (or more aggressive than that!), they all got rotors and drums replaced when the old ones wore out. Cars are meant to be driven. I went through several sets of brakes on my '56 Healey over the near decade I was daily driving it, as I used to autoX it at all the West Coast Healey meets. I drove that car from Northern California to Silver Star British Columbia, autoX'd the crap out of it, showed it at the concourse with the hood up and my engine compartment wearing the oil and grease from the 1,100 mile drive (much to the chagrin of all the purists), and then drove it the 1,100 miles back home.

Cars are meant to be driven. Brake parts are meant to wear out. Running crappy brake compounds to preserve brake components is a "trick" for garage queens and museum pieces. It has no place on the street where people's lives are dependent on your cars ability to stop.

I'll bet 99 % of your body is belly and mouth -- and I know which one is bigger

Back to name calling. Could it be you don't have any facts to back up your assertions and have to resort to name calling? Of course, because physics is not on your side. "Run my asbestos brake pads so you can smoothly slide right into the back of the car in front of you without stopping. But don't worry, your brake rotors and drums will last forever!"

Yeah, great plan. Park that museum piece. Or put some real brakes on it and drive it like a real car. Either way, you don't need crappy, 20+ year old asbestos brake pads.

-
Back