cordoba brakes

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
hey guys. i was at the junk yard today and there was a 75 cordoba. can i use this year for the larger front rotors and caliper brackets? i was also wondering about the rear backing plates for the larger drums. oh and also. ive been looking for a 8 1/4. there was an aspen down there with a larger rear end in it. would that be an 8 1/4 and if so. would it work in my scamp? thanks.

berkley2.JPG

Grab the rotors and brackets. As far as backing plates I don't know. The aspen should have the 8 1/4, but I'll have to check for the width. I have one from a volare in my 64 but it's a inch wider per side than my original.

The Aspen/Volare rears are wider than the a-bodies they are about as wide as an early b-body.

Chuck

Slant scamp Where you from ?
That pic sure looks like it was taken in the berkeley hills.
The Lawrence hall of science parking lot perhaps?
Joe

I live in El Sobrante .(Near richmond)
Never seen your car around .

Am really starting to like the looks of those magnum wheels you have on your car :headbang:

IIRC, all '75 Cordobas had the smaller 10.87" front discs. I have one, and parted out another. Both the same, and someone answered the question a year ago. Don't remember who.
As for the rear, count the bolts in the cover. Ten bolts=8 1/4. Also, isn't there a problem with the iso-mount leaf perches on the volares/aspens? I remember reading about swapping an 8 3/4 into a diplomat (M body), where that was an issue.
Mike

I dont know if the rotors or calipers are the same but I know that new yorkers being a C body had different spindles, not interchangeable with the A,B or FMJ cars

-
Back