Core Support

-

rklein383

Reaction score
My son working on putting in the core support. The previous owner decided to put a brand X radiator in the car which required cutting out the core support.

One of many parts my son has replaced on this rustcuda. I think he has body parts from at least 6 other cars in this one.

This is a 67 notchback, slant 6 car. Has a nice cast crank 340 now. Has front discs from a 76 duster and has a 8.8 ford rear slated to put under it. Currently has an overdrive four speed from a F-body.

Notice the Barracuda Parking Only sign. My 69 383-s is in the background.

Rod

Attachments

• Core Support 1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Core Support 2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 150
That's a lot of work, that core support. Mine's out, new one not in yet but soon. Sounds like a great combo he's putting together there, won't be too many like that so Cool!

Hey, just curious, is he welding in an entire support or just sections? I'm wondering about the use of weld thru primer, I've heard it gives off some pretty bad fumes (zinc?). Anyway, if he's welding the whole thing, is he going bare metal to bare metal and then priming it?

Hey, just curious, is he welding in an entire support or just sections? I'm wondering about the use of weld thru primer, I've heard it gives off some pretty bad fumes (zinc?). Anyway, if he's welding the whole thing, is he going bare metal to bare metal and then priming it?

He has been using weld thru primer. It kind of sputters at first, but then welds like normal.

He has been using weld thru primer. It kind of sputters at first, but then welds like normal.

The lower core support is in. Looks kind of rough right now. We decided to get the car together and running. Then later take it apart for prettying up.

Aaron bought a radiator off of ebay for 122 bucks including shipping. It has some minimal damage to the cooling fins and the back side. Fifteen minutes of massaging, it will be awesome.

Next is the four speed tunnel he found in the junkyard for 40 bucks.

I see this notchback moving in the next month or so.

Proud dad.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Untitled 2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 81
-
Back